Have you ever dreamed of writing a novel?
November is National Novel Writing Month, a free annual event helping to motivate writers to start and complete a 50,000 word novel in thirty days.
The fun began Saturday, October 22nd, at the Panera Bakery on El Camino Avenue, located at 3328 El Camino Avenue in Sacramento, with a two hour “Meet and Greet”, where we just hang out and meet each other. The official Kick-Off happened on Halloween at 9:00 at the home of one of the great people of this region. And throughout the month we’ll have write-ins and other events all throughout the Sacramento Valley for your fantastic noveling fun.
For more information about National Novel Writing Month and Sacramento’s involvement, check out the following links:
- National Novel Writing Month – the official website. And once you’re signed up, be sure to check out our regional forum.
- Our Facebook page – for those of you with Facebook accounts
- Our Twitter feed – for those of you with Twitter accounts
- Sacnano.org – You’re already here!
Upcoming Events for 2011
- All Throughout November: Write-Ins at various locations, where participants can come together and socialize, hang out, chat, and possibly get some writing done as well. Times and locations will be posted in various places as they are set up.
- Nov 11 – 13: The Veteran’s Day Challenge. 3 days, 11k words. It’s totally doable.
- TBA, sometime in November: The Halfway Hootenanny/Eve of Scribbling Madly.
- TBA, sometime in early December: The Thank God It’s Over Party, location TBA.
- More information is available on our frequently-updated Google Calendar
To contact us, go to the Contact Us page.